International Rescue Forever
The more kids TV we (have to) watch, the more we’re reminded of the original 1960s Thunderbirds TV series.
Seems like every one of these is a version of of International Rescue:
- Paw Patrol = I.R. with dogs
- Octonauts = I.R. underwater
- Mighty Express = I.R. with trains
- Go Jetters = I.R. with planes
- PJ Masks = I.R. in pyjamas
I’m sure there are loads more! Were the Thunderbirds the first with this trope?
I’ve been made aware that Stingray came before Thunderbirds - so Octonauts is actually Stingray’s WASP (World Aquanaut Security Patrol) with cutesy animals